Irritable Bowel Syndrome FAQ

>> Saturday, December 5, 2009

PART 1: Background

1a: What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?1b: What is the  prevalence of IBS?1c: What factors contribute to the onset of IBS?1d:  How long does IBS last?1e: What effect does IBS have on one's  lifestyle?1f: Are my symptoms just "all in my head" or psychosomatic?1g:  What factors contribute to health care utilization?

PART 2: Symptoms

2a: What are the symptoms of IBS?2b: How severe are  these symptoms?2c: Does everybody get the same symptoms?

PART 3: Medical Facts

3a: What causes IBS?3b: What is the role of  psychological and/or social factors in IBS?3c: Is IBS  life-threatening?3d: Will IBS lead to colon or rectal cancer?3e: Will  IBS lead to IBD (Crohn's, ulcerative colitis)?3f: Will my IBS eventually go  away, or will I have it for the rest of my life?

PART 4: Diagnosis

4a: How do I know for sure if I have IBS?4b: Is IBS a  legitimate diagnosis? Should I seek a second opinion?

PART 5: Related Maladies

5a: How does IBS differ from Crohn's disease or ulcerative  colitis?5b: How does IBS differ from gluten enteropathy/celiac  disease?5c: How does IBS relate to other broad-spectrum symdromes, such as  Fibromylagia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS),  Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Syndrome (MCSS), and others?

For more information visit: http://www.bowtrol.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP